Win a Trip to Washington D.C. When You Visit Our Museums
Marshall County is home to several museums that are all unique to telling the story of our home. They should all be on your list to visit when you #ExploreLakeGuntersville. But now you can visit them and win a trip for two by doing so. On September 17 and 18, grab a friend (or two) and head out to celebrate Museum Weekend. Visit all SEVEN museums in our county, and you will be entered to win free airfare and hotel to Washington D.C. to see the Smithsonian Museum.
Where are the Museums?
Glad you asked! Below are each museum and their addresses. They will all be free all weekend, and they will each be open from 10 a.m. until 5 p.m. on Saturday, September 17 and 1 p.m. until 5 p.m. on Sunday, September 18. All museums will have special events, activities, refreshments, and prizes all weekend.
- Albertville Museum: 101 W. Main Street, Albertville, AL 35950
- Arab Historic Village: 844 Shoal Creek Trail, Arab, AL 35016
- Boaz Legacy Museum: 112 N. Broad Street, Boaz, AL 35957
- KDS DAR School Museum and Archives: 6077 Main St, Grant, AL 35747
- Guntersville Depot: located on Greenwood St, Guntersville, AL 35976
- Guntersville Museum: 1215 Rayburn Ave, Guntersville, AL 35976
- Montgomery Gilbreath House: 353 Blount Ave, Guntersville, AL 35976
What are the rules?
There are rules in place to be fair for everyone involved. During the Museum Weekend, visitors and locals alike are encouraged to visit all seven museums, sign in, take a photo and upload to Facebook or Instagram and tag each museum.
At your first stop, you will receive a passport to hold on to for the entire weekend to use to check in. At each stop your passport will be checked off by a staff member. When you complete all 7 stops, you will turn in your passport to a staff member. The passports will all be collected, and there will be a drawing from those who visited all museums during the weekend for the grand prize. The grand prize is a trip for two to Washington D.C. to visit the national museums of the Smithsonian.
Of course, it does! Mark your calendars and do your research on how you will mark each museum off. There is history to see and learn and a prize to win, see y’all soon!