Spend Valentine’s Day at Alabama’s Great Natural Attraction
Looking for a quick getaway with your significant other? Or maybe you need the ultimate girl’s trip. The Lake Guntersville area has everything you need to spend your Valentine’s Day right this year!
Book a Room
From hotels to camping to vacation rentals, there is a place to stay perfect for you with views of the lake that are dreamy at any time of the day.
- The Lake Guntersville Bed and Breakfast is a spot worth staying over and over. Built in 1910, this historic home, now a bed and breakfast is just two blocks from Guntersville’s quaint downtown where boutiques and antique shops, as well as cafes and pubs, offer the perfect entertainment for a relaxing weekend getaway. Enjoy sangria on the wrap-around porch in the evenings and fresh and delicious breakfast in the mornings. It gives us all the romantic weekend getaway vibes.
- Kudzu Cove is a rental resort unique to the Guntersville Lake Area. Nestled on a gentle rolling hillside with three private fishing ponds, it offers a quiet oasis for the perfect Lake Guntersville traveler. The property features multiple cabins that sleep from 4 to 14. Each cabin is unique and offers different amenities. You are sure to find the perfect cabin for you and your best girls or your love.
- For our outdoor lovers, try Honeycomb Campground. The campground is located north of the city Guntersville right on the beautiful Lake Guntersville. You are just steps away from the water. Make sure you bring your kayaks, because this is the perfect place to place your kayak out on the water. Cabins are available if you don’t want to bring your camper out as well.
Make Dinner Reservations
Marshall County has spots for the romantic dinner for two or brunch to celebrate the latest achievements with the best of your friends and dessert to top the day off.
- For the romantic candlelit dinner, make reservations at Old Town Stockhouse. Chef Crystal honed her craft in New York and uses the freshest ingredients to create seasonal menus. From the craft cocktails to the delicious desserts, dinner will be an experience to savor.
- Try Santa Fe Cattle Co. if you want something more laid back. From steaks to south-of-the-border tacos, you can find a wide variety of your favorite comfort foods at this restaurant in Albertville.
- Top your dinners off with the best ice cream in Marshall County at La Michoancan. The unique ice cream shop has over 26 homemade ice cream flavors. They will create different sundaes for you, and they even offer real fruit popsicles. Trust us, it’s amazing.
Take a Break
Relax while you are on your trip by indulging with a massage or a wine tasting at an award-winning winery.
- The Soak House and Soapery is the place for relaxation in the Lake Guntersville area. Book a couple’s massage or treat your girlfriends with facials and soaks. The Soak House offers one-of-a-kind experiences for anyone, and you will be their special guest for the entirety of your visit. Book your appointment today and thank us later.
- Jules J. Berta Vineyards and Winery will be your favorite spot after just one visit. This winery has won Winery of the Year in Alabama several years in a row and rightfully so. You can enjoy their award-winning Cabernet and Sauvignon Blanc from their estate-grown grapes. They are also serving up mouthwatering wood-fired pizzas and wine slushies that are to die for!
The Lake Guntersville area is home to a million and one things to do outdoors. You can bring your mountain bike to check out trails, you can catch a bald eagle nesting right in town or hike deep into the most magical caves you have ever seen.
- Cathedral Caverns State Park makes a lasting impression as you enter the 126-foot wide, 25-foot-high entrance and descend into the natural cave. Experience the beauty of stalagmite formations, a frozen waterfall and the peaceful sounds of Mystery River. Guided tours are wheelchair accessible and are offered daily. Former owner, Jay Gurley, bought the property without consulting his wife first, and she said she wouldn’t step foot in there. However, she was eventually persuaded by her husband, and she immediately fell in love with the cave and gave it the Cathedral Caverns.
- If you are a mountain biker or if you just want to hike, Lake Guntersville State Park has over 30 miles of trails that will you keep you busy all day. The park is abundant with wildlife too. You can catch close encounters with deer, rabbits and birds as well. If eagles are your thing, then you are in the right spot, too. However, there is a bald eagle’s nest on Sunset Drive in Guntersville that we highly recommend checking out, too.